Friday, January 4, 2013

Busting a gut...

Wow and ouch is all I have to say.  I synced my Pandora to my tv yesterday and keyed in the Lady Gaga station.  The first song that came on was an excellent dancing song, so I jumped right in and gave it my all.  First off, I don't remember her songs being 10 minutes long, that's how long it felt like it lasted.  Secondly, the spirit was willing but after the first few minutes, the body was moving slower and slower.  Finally, my heart was pounding out of my chest and I think I twisted my knee.  Did I feel wonderful and energized after this exercise?  Jury is still out on this one.  I did feel great that I did what I said I was going to do and I did feel good about exercising but in the future, I need to moderate my enthusiasm just a bit.
Reading the news this morning, there was an article about overweight (not obese) people living just as long as regular weight people.  If you are healthy with no medical issues you are in a good place.  I also read an article about an obese woman who is an advocate for other obese people.  She is happy with herself and thinks the world needs to have an attitude adjustment concerning their bias against large people.  What these two articles made me think about was my own body perception.  What is it about myself that I find hard to accept?  Each day I am critical with myself and this seems to suck some of the joy of living out of me.  I wonder what it would be like to wake up and really love myself and live that day full of energy, joy and happiness.  I think this will be one of my goals for 2013.  Just one day is all I need....

No comments:

Post a Comment